Pupils at a premium – do the right thing; show that you're doing it
Neil Clephan OBE, school improvement director for the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance and TrustIn this practical, interactive workshop Neil Clephan, previously head of an outstanding through school (four to 18) and Pupil Premium (PP) review centre, who comes from a multi-cultural school background and is now school improvement director for the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance and Trust, explores how SBMs and senior leadership staff can use this vital funding well and demonstrate value for money.
Neil will demonstrate how published Pupil Premium Plans can and do make the greatest impact. Be prepared to share and learn from colleagues about how to ensure that, not only is your PP funding used effectively to ‘diminish the difference’ in outcomes for your disadvantaged pupils, but also that your evidence of benefit is clear, focused and Ofsted-ready. This session is all about making the most of your PP funding.
Take home points:
Neil will focus on:
- Pupil Premium Plans and ensuring the effective use of PP funding;
- demonstrating value for PP money;
- providing useful links to information, resources and tools;
- creating an open forum to discuss how to use funding to assist disadvantaged children;
- ensuring that your 'evidence of benefit' is clear and Ofsted-ready;
- working with your leadership team to ensure your school is Ofsted-ready.
SBMs who want to diminish the difference in outcomes between students from disadvantaged backgrounds and ensure all students have a level footing in life through the effective application of PP.
View the presentation