To be prepared as leaders we must make the time for us to stop, pause and identify where we are and both the challenges and opportunities that the coming year may present, so that we can effectively plan our resources
As a school business professional, you can expect that other senior school leaders will look to you to provide recommendations on how resources can be optimised to deliver continued pupil progress and ensure that all pupils’ educational needs are being met.
By attending an ISBL regional conference during 2020, you can ensure you are maintaining your professional knowledge and using this to enlighten your team. You can also demonstrate to your school colleagues that you are investing in your own professional development to ensure you and the school are ready to respond to the changing demands of education.
The conference programme will cover the key issues facing school leaders in 2020, as follows:
- The role of the School Resource Management Adviser – insights and findings
- ICFP – Knowing the principles and developing recommendations
- Brexit and the impact on staffing, resources and pupils
- GDPR – lessons learnt and areas of concerns in schools
- The importance of professional dialogue
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Risk management – assessing your appetite for risk
The conferences present huge value and focused school business professional CPD; plus, networking and the opportunity to meet with exhibitors.
The events are open to all school business professionals and are free to attend if you are an ISBL member. Perhaps now is the time to join your professional body and benefit from attending one of these conferences.
Dates and locations for 2020:
- London, QEII – Thursday 13 February 2020
- Newcastle, County Hotel – Thursday 19 March 2020
- Birmingham, Park Regis Hotel – Wednesday 13 May 2020
- Taunton – Thursday 11 June 2020
- Sheffield – Thursday 25 June 2020
- Portsmouth – Thursday 9 July 2020
Please book early because places fill up quickly and are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. For more information and to book your place visit www.isbl.org.uk/regionalconferences