Coaching skills for line managers
Andrew Blench, School Business Management Consultant and Coach, School Business Partner Limited
- What is coaching? Looking at a range of definitions and how this differs from mentoring/training/consulting/counselling.
- Listening to encourage thinking.
- Powerful questioning.
- Use of paraphrasing and summarising.
- Effective use of feedback.
- Different coaching models.
- Practical exercises and tips to take back to the workplace.
Take home points:
- Learn what coaching truly means in a school setting.
- Take away practical improvement exercises to teach your team.
This session is for:
SBMs and other school support staff with line management responsibility.
About the speaker:
Andrew is the former SBM of Dinnington High School in Rotherham. He is now a SBM consultant and accredited leadership coach at School Business Partner Ltd, working with schools across Yorkshire and the Midlands.
What are you waiting for?
EdExec Live offers delegates the opportunity to select specific seminar topics relevant to them, ensuring your day is filled with information and learning that will be directly relevant to you and your school’s current requirements.
It’s always difficult to take a day out of the office, but the question is: can you afford to miss out on this event?