Richard Harrison, Director of Community Engagment, Regent High School
There’s an adage specific to SBMs which one often sees bandied about in the Twitter community – no SBM is an island – but it can often feel that this is not the case. However, taking advantage of the opportunities around you can make all the difference in how you feel about your professional position in life. In this session Richard Harrison, director of community engagement at Regent High School, will discuss his own blended role and the ways in which he has involved himself in his school far beyond his job description – and how you can do the same. Richard will also cover:
- How to make new and additional responsibilities your own.
- Creating learning opportunities for yourself and how that benefits the school.
- Not being afraid to speak up if something can be done better in a different way.
- Being more aware – and appreciative – of your own strengths and specialisms.
- Networking beyond your own team.
- Boosting your self-confidence through formal and informal CPD.
- Being an inspiration for non-SLT staff members by making a change and forging new paths.
Take home points:
- How to take on – and take advantage of – what your role throws at you.
- Expand your horizons!
This session is for:
About the speaker:
What are you waiting for?
EdExec Live offers delegates the opportunity to select specific seminar topics relevant to them, ensuring your day is filled with information and learning that will be directly relevant to you and your school’s current requirements.
It’s always difficult to take a day out of the office, but the question is: can you afford to miss out on this event?