Training your governors
Emma Gray, finance director, Marling School
How close is your relationship, as a school business manager, to your school governors or trustees? Are they on the same page as you when it comes to the inner workings of the school and its finances? There can be an information gulf between the SBM and the governors, so is the onus on the SBM to ensure that’s not the case? As an SRMA, Emma has explored the financial challenges between school leaders and trustees and the negative impact it can have in a school when it is deemed insufficient.
In this seminar, Emma will explore:
- How to take control of the relationship.
- How to stop operating as an island.
- How to challenge, engage and direct your governors.
- How to make sure they’re aware of their responsibilities.
- How improving this relationship benefits and protects your school.
- Making sure you have all the evidence you need, should things hit the fan in future.
Take home points:
- An SBM is not an island – learn to improve that governor relationship.
- Why it’s important for your governors to know their own responsibilities.
This session is for:
SBMs and other senior roles.
About the speaker:
Emma has worked as an SBM for over 14 years and is a regular contributor to EdExec magazine, as well as an active – and informative – member of the SBM community.
What are you waiting for?
EdExec Live offers delegates the opportunity to select specific seminar topics relevant to them, ensuring your day is filled with information and learning that will be directly relevant to you and your school’s current requirements.
It’s always difficult to take a day out of the office, but the question is: can you afford to miss out on this event?