Rethinking school business management
Chaired by Matthew Clements-WheelerThe education sector is undergoing rapid change and is faced with complex challenges; those tasked with leading – and managing – schools through this complex and turbulent time have their work cut out for them.
More autonomy, increased responsibility, higher demand, greater expectations, changing support mechanisms, decreasing funding, spiralling on-costs and centralisation by growing MATs; effective school business management for the future may require us to rethink current approaches and develop models and frameworks more suited to evolving operational structures.
This panel discussion – chaired by Matthew Clements-Wheeler – seeks to unpick the current educational landscape and explore future possibilities by rethinking school business management.
The panel will focus on:
- analysing the current educational landscape – changes and challenges;
- rethinking core aspects of school business management based on this analysis;
- embracing business-like attitudes to achieve school effectiveness;
- unearthing opportunity in unexpected places;
- overcoming barriers to collaboration;
- providing a strategic discussion framework for management development within schools.
To ensure that you get the most out of the panel discussion we’re asking you to submit your burning questions, in advance, to Marie by email.
Your questions will be asked anonymously, so don't be afraid to ask the tough – but important – ones! (Further questions can be submitted on the day as the discussion evolves.)