There are school business professional networks all over England; have you found yours?
As a school business manager, it’s important to feel like part of a network – not just for the sake of having a sounding board (or several) when necessary, but for the sake of your own sanity; after all, no SBM is an island, and it can be a lonely role. While Twitter is an excellent resource for this, and events often play a role, meeting up with peers in groups which have already been formed can be enormously beneficial.
The Department for Education has a resource page which outlines all the networks in England. You can use the School Business Professional Networks Directory to:
- Find groups in your area.
- Get peer-to-peer support for school business tasks like buying for schools.
- Contact leads in your area.
If you can’t find a network in your area, or you want add your own network to the directory, just email: [email protected] Guidance on creating a network for school business professionals is also available.
Networks are listed by the following regional school commissioner areas:
- North region
- Lancashire and West Yorkshire region
- East Midlands and the Humber region
- West Midlands region
- East of England and North East London region
- North West London and South Central region
- South East and South London region
- South West region
Click here to find your local network!
Sign up for the school business professional (SBP) newsletter for occasional updates about SBP initiatives than can help you in your role.